2.13.2012

Five Faces of Tucker

So ... as I promised to way back when ... when I was taking part in a Pet Blogger Challenge, I have, indeed, invested in a better camera.  I have now, also, invested in a beginning photography class, and I now know all about the rule of thirds, filling the frame, angle of attack, aperture, depth of field, shutter speed, etc. ... in theory, anyway.  But, as is often the case, understanding these things is one thing.  Applying these principles in my actual photography is something else again.  Overall, I'd say I am failing dismally.  One of the hardest things, for me, is realizing that I have been, apparently, holding the camera and changing the focus incorrectly.  THAT is a hard habit to break.  

I was, however, rather pleased with this shot of Tucker taken the weekend before last ... and whether that's because my photography is improving or because I just have an emotional attachment to the photo's subject, I can't really say, but I like it, and it's my blog (er, Tucker's) and so I'm posting it. 


This photo, unlike most of the photos I take, was actually minimally post-processed - just a bit of cropping.  But I did discover this photo-editing site, called PhotoFunia.com  and I did indeed have fun putting some different filters on this same picture to see what I came up with.  





Overall, I have to say, I like the original photo the best.  Who even knows how many rules of photography I broke here, but I know I held my camera correctly, if that counts!  Which of the "five faces of Tucker" do YOU like the best?


13 comments:

tubby3pug said...

Cool, I also like the original photo the best.

Old Kitty said...

I like the one with the sunspots! I don't know - it looks glowing - it's evocative and very dreamy! I think it's pic 3!

Tucker is adorable in all of them!! Yay!

Take care
x

Katie Isabella said...

YOu are handsome no matter how it's taken. xoxoxo

Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom said...

They all look good but if I had to pick one, I'd pick the original.

As for me...as long as the camera is set to AUTOMATIC, I'm just fine.

:o)

The Daily Pip said...

This is a beautiful shot! We like the effects, too. I think we need to start playing around with some of these cool photo editing.

Your pal, Pip

Bassetmomma said...

Those are some cool pics! I do love the original too!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Mom says it is all about having fun, right? We like the original best too, but of the other four, the first one would be our favorite. Any pic of Tucker is GREAT!

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

Kirsten (peacefuldog) said...

I like the original photo too--it is definitely the most soulful.

CATachresis said...

Number four catches my attention. But whatever, Tucker is a dashed handsome fella. Nice camera hold :)

Patrice and Higgins said...

I like them all!! Great photos!!

~Higgins

Prudence said...

The pictures are all great, but we like the original one the best. Mom loves Tucker's tag btw!

Remington said...

They are all awesome but I do like the original the best.... Happy Valentine’s Day, my friend! Enjoy!

yuki and rocket said...

I try and do the rule of thirds when taking photos, but I don't follow it all of the time. Photography is an art, and artist don't follow rules. Sometimes good pictures break all the rules! I like all the pictures because they have tucker in them :)