2.04.2012

We've Been Remiss ...

Hi, everyone ... MP here! 

And I have to say ... I'm a bit embarrassed.  As tends to happen now and then, I have been crazy busy lately, and quite frankly it was either neglect the blog or neglect the animals I would have been blogging about, and obviously I chose the former.  I hate feeling like a slacker in any capacity, but unfortunately it is sometimes unavoidable.  One thing I REALLY hate to slack on, though, is acknowledging a kindness when it is offered, and it is this that I am embarrassed, not to mention apologetic, about. 

Specifically, a week or so ago, Carolyn and Austin over at Catachresis gave us an award. 


Lief means, I am told, sweet in Dutch, and recipients of the award are supposed to pass this award along to three other "sweet" blogs. 

This was really tough to do ... I read a lot of blogs ... and there are several that I consider "daily must reads."  But most of those I've acknowledged in the past when we've received awards.  I wanted these three to be some that I hadn't given a shout out to before, and then when I really started considering it, there were far more than three I wanted to mention.  Still, especially since I am so tardy in thanking Carolyn and Austin for passing this award on to us, I wanted to play by the rules. 

So without further ado, here are three blogs I find especially "sweet."

1) House of Carnivores (The cast of characters of this blog are greyhounds Argos and Maera, and cats Charlotte, Annie, and Bit, as well as the human, and blog author, Mel.  It's no secret that I have a weakness for sighthounds, so I enjoy feasting my eyes on Argos' and Maera's gorgeousness, but that's only part of the draw for me about this blog.  Mel writes with such obvious love about her houseful of animal companions, and so much of what she writes often feels like something I could have written, or wish that I had.  You know how sometimes you "run into" someone online, whether in a discussion forum, blog, or whatever, and feel that you could be friends with them in real life?  I feel this way every time I read Mel's blog.)

2) Katie Isabella (Katie Isaballa is a lovely long-haired tuxedo kitty who is very new to the blogging world, though her mom is not.  Katie's mission is to color the world of her newly adopted mom with love, and to ease her sadness after the loss of Katie's angel sister, Admiral Hestorb.  We have only just met Katie, but we can't wait to get to know her better.)

3) Urban Hounds (A houseful of some of the cutest canine urbanites in some of the most adorable outfits you've ever seen.  Add to this some terrific recipes for both humans and canines alike, sightseeing tours of NYC with pups in tow, plus book and product reviews, and it all adds up to a blog that is one of my daily "must reads.")

Thanks again to Carolyn and Austin for this award.  If we could, we'd give it right back to you.  And thanks to our three chosen blogs for making the Blog-o-sphere a lot sweeter!

10 comments:

CATachresis said...

Hey! MP no need to be embarrassed and thank you for your sweet words :) Sometimes life gets in the way of important stuff like blogging lol

Will definitely check out the blogs you mentioned x

Old Kitty said...

Yay for your fab award!! Take care
x

Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom said...

Congratulations on your terrier-ific award!

Enjoy your week!

Sagira said...

Congrats on your award and I think we have all been there before. :)

Elaine Pritchard said...

Congratulations on a sweet award for a sweet blog.

We understand TOTALLY about the whole time thing. Wish there were more hours in the day sometimes.

Love and licks, Winnie

Remi said...

My mom does the same thing. Sometimes there's just so much going on that, instead of getting all stressed out trying to do everything, we just have to remember our priorities and give ourselves permission to let something slide. Congrats on the award!!

Prudence said...

Congratulations on your Award, well deserved!
Sometimes life gets busy, it happens to all of us, if only we could fit everything in that we'd like to do!

When I Grow Up I Want to be a Vet said...

Aw congratulations! And do not feel bad - you have your priorities just right!

tubby3pug said...

Thanks so much for passing on this award to us. We will definitely pass it on in the next few days we are so honored that a great blog like yours chose ours

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

congratulations on your award! you were a week late in posting about it? OMG....sometimes it has taken me MONTHS! lol